Call for Papers
TOPICS: All topics concerned with spatial accuracy and uncertainty in a natural resources and environmental sciences context are appropriate, for example:
- Semantic uncertainty and vagueness
- Modelling uncertainty using geostatistics
- Propagation of uncertainty in GIS
- Visualizing spatial uncertainty
- Uncertainty in Remote Sensing
- Spatio-temporal uncertainty
- Accuracy and uncertainty of DEMs
- Modelling scale in environmental systems
- Positional uncertainty
PUBLICATION: We welcome the submission of both oral papers and posters. For both modes of presentation authors are invited to submit abstracts of no more than 500 words in English on original research. Those accepted will be presented as oral papers/posters at the symposium and published as short papers in the symposium proceedings (ISBN listed). All accepted authors will also be invited to submit a full paper for consideration towards an special issue of an international journal.
MODES OF PARTICIPATION: Oral papers and posters.
Pre-conference workshop proposals also welcome.
Abstract submission: December 9th, 2011
Abstract acceptance notification: March 1st, 2012
Short final paper submission: May 11th, 2012
Workshop proposals: October 18th, 2011
Workshop acceptance notification: October 31st, 2011
Carlos A. O. Vieira and Francisco Henrique de Oliveira
Mariane Dal Santo
- Download a PDF of the full call for papers at:
- For more details, please visit the website of